To that end, I made this yummy spinach dip over the holidays, following a recipe I found online and saved several months ago--with a couple of minor tweaks. I cooked a lot this holiday season, but I have to say this is my favorite dish that I made; maybe that's because it was something new? At any rate it was delish! The young man claimed to not like spinach dip when I was picking up the ingredients, but when he tasted it, he loved it. And he can be tough to please!
Secret ingredient spinach dip
crackers, sliced baguettes or tortilla chips (I used multi-seed flatbread crackers)
- 1Cook spinach in microwave by following instructions on box.
- 2While spinach is cooking begin chopping artichoke hearts.
- 3Add cream cheese and artichoke hearts to medium saucepan over med-low heat.
- 4When spinach is finished cooking remove from microwave and blot with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. (I didn't actually have to do this step as the frozen spinach I used didn't have much excess moisture).
- 5Add the spinach to the saucepan and stir occasionally until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
- 6Pour in Alfredo sauce and heat thoroughly over LOW heat, stirring frequently.
- 7Add Parmesan cheese and seasonings to taste, stirring well after each addition.
- 8Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 9Pour mixture into a baking pan. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top and bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned.