On particularly busy evenings for the family, you want to serve something that is nutritious, but is also quick and easy to make. This recipe for pizza purses fits the bill, as it uses few ingredients and bakes in just a short time. I made these for the kid a couple of weeks ago and he went bananas over them. I accepted the praise though it far outmeasured the effort!
These pizza purses are essentially mini-pizza rolls. I used marinara sauce, spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese to fill ours, but you can use whatever your family likes best--I would just advise staying away from items like sausage that will be too heavy for the dough.
Here's what you'll need:
1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 jar marinara sauce
1 bag frozen spinach
1 basket sliced baby Bella mushrooms
Goat cheese (a whole roll or crumbled)
1. Heat marinara sauce in a sauce pan on the stovetop.
2. Cook frozen spinach according to package directions. Drain.
3. Rinse mushrooms.
4. Add spinach and mushrooms to boiling sauce and mix well. Add seasonings to taste.
5. Unroll Crescent Rolls.
6. Fill each one with the marinara mixture, then top with goat cheese and roll into crescent shape.
7. Bake rolls for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
By mixing the ingredients together, filling the rolls becomes easier. Once baked, the crescent rolls have a buttery taste that plays well with the other ingredients. I also suspect this is a great way to 'hide' vegetables if you have little ones that are particularly picky.
For more crescent roll recipes, visit the Pillsbury website.