Romance. That's what I think of when I see the lace trend on so many beautiful fall shoes. The Christian Louboutin Lace Crepe-de-Chine Pump is definitely easy to fall in love with. Helloooo, Lover.... (available at Bergdorf)
The chill in the fall air drives me to thoughts of being swathed in warm, cozy, sweaters; the frock is my daily go-to clothing item. So for me, sweater dresses and fall are simply kismet. With a quick toss over the head, fun tights and simple accessories, I am out the door. The sweater dress is comfortable and delicately scales curves without being too tight. It can be dressed up with heels for a polished look, or dressed down with leggings and tall boots for casual days; making it the veritable “go to” item for fall dressing.
Current faves include:
- Twenty8Twelve by s.miller, Harley silk-blend sweater dress – Worn with brown tights and brown knee boots, this dress--with its cowl neck, knit paneling and ribbed sleeves--is sure to be polished perfection.
- Modcloth “Snug as a Pug” sweater dress – You’ll brighten the gray fall skies when you don this cream sweater dress with its slightly puffed sleeves. Pair it with leggings for the oh-so-cozy feel of being wrapped in a blanket, even while you’re out whipping through your daily ‘to do’ list.
- Who loves argyle? (I do! I do!) Old Navy nails it with this lengthened twist on the classic argyle sweater. Pair with patterned black tights and flat suede boots for the ultimate in casual comfort.
There’s something about fall that brings out the vixen in me—at least where my fingertips are concerned. Nail color in navy, forest green, black, and dark purple become the hues du jour. I am particularly enamored with this season’s gray nail trend, and anything with a hint of sparkle.
Current faves include:
1. Sephora by OPI’s “Kitty Loves Black” - I was sold at “dimly sparkles with tiny flecks of midnight glitter blue”.
2. Essie’s “Sew Psyched” –“cashmere soft sage pewter”. (I am so smitten with this lovely color that I actually paused while writing this post to purchase it.)
3. Sally Hansen’s Complete Salon Manicure polish in “Gray by Gray” – the subtle blue undertones of this polish make it more interesting than your run-of-the-mill primary color.
So, Lovelies, what nail colors do you crave when the air turns cold?
In the past, I have been all about minimalism in clothing: neutral colors were the primary inhabitants of my closet with few other colors sprinkled about and a noticeable absence of bold prints. But in the past couple of years, I have felt a new admiration arising within me for color and prints. Blame it on the wealth of gorgeous fashion bloggers around the net, proving that color can be done in a way that is attention getting without being loud, or the influence of my bestie MC, whose rocker attitude and penchant for color and huge baubles is no less than viral—but I am newly drawn to pops of color and pretty patterns in a way that I haven’t been before. To that end, I am particularly enamored with one pattern that is heavily trending for fall: the animal print--making it the newest “must have” item for my closet. Though I don’t know if I’m ready to fully engage my animal instincts and rock out say…a zebra print dress, I am ready to walk on the wild side of accessories.
This is a quick and easy meal that can be prepared for dinner on nights with late activities. It takes about 30 minutes to complete. Perfect for busy mommies!
What you'll need
- Salmon fillets (I used pre-seasoned fillets to cut time)
- Morningstar veggie bacon
- Fresh spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Olive oil
- Ranch Salad dressing
1. Bake pre-seasoned fish at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
While the fish bakes:
2. Cook veggie bacon in olive oil. Remove and drain on paper towel.
3. Quickly toss spinach in leftover olive oil from bacon--just enough to warm it and wilt some of the spinach but not all. Plate spinach.
4. Slice tomatoes, crumble veggie bacon and top spinach. Add blue chs crumbles. Drizzle with ranch dressing.
5. Plate salmon.