Last night I made a delicious pasta for dinner using Trader Joe's Alfredo sauce. Since we finished the pasta, I wanted to find a way to use the rest of the sauce. I decided to do a white pizza--an easy, quick meal that my cool kid and I could make together without disrupting our routine too much. So we whipped up a whole wheat vegetarian pizza. Here's how to do it:
What you'll need:
- pre-made pizza crust (We used a Boboli whole wheat thin crust.)
- 1-2 cups Alfredo sauce
- shredded cheeses: Mozzarella and Parmesan
- toppings of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Warm Alfredo sauce slightly and spread evenly over crust (sauce will spread better if it is warmed).
4. Add your toppings. (We used chickenless strips (soy protein chicken substitute), green pepper, olives and mushrooms)
7. Enjoy your cheesy, hearty, piping hot meal!
We had to wait a little longer than necessary because the kid forgot to turn on the oven. So be sure not to make that mistake! :)